Thursday, July 12, 2007

Eight things you didn't know meme

THE auld things you never knew about me meme is doing the rounds again, Neil, Annette, Jenny and Rick have all tagged me. Having done it already here (okay it was five things but still) I am finding it hard to think of more things that are interesting enough to write about. Seriously I think you already know everything about me. I tried asking Tetra ‘give me something about me that people might not know’. Her suggestions were useless. So it is back to me wracking my brains.

Rules

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

With the rules out of the way, here goes:

1. My middle name is Noele and yup it is spelt wrong. But as this is how it appears on my birth certificate this is it. I was born at Christmas so it could have been worse, something like Santa or Carol/e. (And just to be clear I do not use this as a password hint or security question anywhere so don’t worry.)

2. Actually that’s another thing, having a Christmas birthday is a b*ll*x. As you get older and friends move around, less and less people celebrate your birthday with you. You also get the Christmas card with Happy Birthday written on it. I hate this, I would prefer not to receive a card at all than that nonsense.

3. I loathe liquorice, it is vile horrible stuff. So it also makes sense that I am not too keen on fennel or anything else that has that strain of flavour.

4. I am a Godparent three times over, two I see all the time, the other I don’t at all and not by choice.

5. I have pretty much the same gang of friends (along with some wonderful people I met along the way) I had as a child. It is great and I love them all.

6. I have had many nicknames over the years including Red, Ginger, Ginger+ my real name (I thought the point of nicknames is that they are shorter), Ging, Ginge, you name I have been called it. An ex of mine used to get really annoyed by people calling me Ging, I have to say while I prefer Red, Ging never really bothered me because they are not being nasty unlike those I mention in point 7.

7. I had the fiercest time growing up with red hair in Belfast, tormented I was particularly from my teenage years onwards. I was called many nasty things concerning my hair colour; that did bother me. I will write about that sometime.

8. I have photographs of me with George Best (my eyes are shut) AND oohh ahhh Paul McGrath. I don’t follow football at all and probably wouldn’t follow Man U even if I did. But hey they are both legends. Oh and Paul McGrath is well deserving of the ohhh ahhh title. I met him a couple of times after and was blown away when he would say hello remembering my name.

I won’t tag anyone to do this as I always feel guilty when I’ve been tagged and take an age to complete it. Every time I post and it isn’t the tagged meme I feel like I am hurting someone’s feelings. I know that’s just plain silly and not the case but still I feel that way. Feel free to work away if you fancy and leave a comment pointing me to your responses.

2 comments:

redflymarketing said...

It's not silly and it is the case. You hurt MY feelings. ;)

Boliath said...

Have I been guilty of the birthday/xmas card? I think I have and added the Young Wans birtdhay in too, sorry! Will never commit that crime again. Good to have you back blogging regularly, missed you.