Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holy Sunsets Batman

IT SEEMS last night was one of the beautiful evenings where everyone stops, looks at the sky and thinks wow. I was working out in Blanchardstown from late afternoon and once that was all done I was delighted to get a lift back into town around 9pm when the colours in the sky were just popping magnificently.

And lucky me, I was at the Quays with my camera AND my long lens which I don't normally carry. I only took a couple of shots as the light was rapidly going and I was carrying a lot of bags. But I was happy with what I got, the only thing is I need to find the fine line between what I see on my Mac to what the image looks like on a PC and then on top of that on Flickr. The two orange/red silhouette/statue images were more red on my Mac but still and all I am delighted to have managed to capture Superman, Batman and Yer Man in the middle. (Thanks to both Will and Darragh for spotting our Super Heroes.)

Beautiful evening light

The sunset flooding down the Phoenix Park was something else also.

Sunset through Phoenix Park

We are really lucky in Ireland to have the beautiful quality of light that we do. There are so many types of light something we can boast about to warmer climes with their stark bright sunshine. We have twilight or the beautiful light after an evening shower, I could go on and on. But last night was particularly beautiful and almost cancelled out all the rain today :)

5 comments:

Daragh Mc Grath said...

I used to think that the light in Ireland was fab (in fairness, it is!), but, it's nothing like compared to what you get down here in Oz for sunsets, pretty much all year round. The colours and the sky you get here are amazing, with a combination of sand storms, clear sky, wispy clouds and city lights! I must try and get out to get some more sunset shots I guess to show you about what I'm talking about.

And then there's storms, sweet, sweet beautiful storms!! :)

Anonymous said...

In response to Will's question (http://twitter.com/WillKnott/statuses/821298494), I'd say the central figure would be Martian Manhunter, with he's funny shaped head.

And it's really a great photo, Red mum!

Anonymous said...

To answer Will's question (http://twitter.com/WillKnott/statuses/821298494), I'd say the central figure is Martian Manhunter, with his funny shaped head.

And great photograph, by the way! =)

Artful Kisser said...

Absolutely stunning.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful colour and the silouettes are fab :-)

The quality of the light in Edinburgh can be amazing as well. Especially after a storm, when the sun starts to come out again - the effect on the stone is something else.

But I'm living in Ireland now and, as you say, we're pretty lucky here with the light, so I can't complain!