Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year - just to be original...

THE Young Wan is on a bribe to lift the last of the debris around my room for the princely sum of 20 euro. A wee while ago she came in laughing with a gold pure silk she had pulled out of the wardrobe a dress I bought about 10 years ago saying ‘who owns the granny dress?”. Well me actually and a Happy New Year to you too.

I have had the most peaceful Christmas in the world, days lounging in lounge pants (pyjamas to the rest of us), sleeping and chilling for Ireland, walking in the Phoenix Park, drinking wine, laughing, and I so needed it at this time and spending much needed time with my honey bunches, the Young Wan.

But back to the granny dress, it is not a granny dress, it is actually a dress, plain I’ll grant you but so. It is made for an extremely tall woman, taller than my 5ft6, but made of beautiful golden silk. I have never worn it or actually adapted it yet but I have always intended to.

Wrinkly frock   31-12-2005 22-10-041
Actual size...

And that brings me to what partly inspired me to post this which was the moment the Young Wan decided to try out some of her shiny cream stuff that she received as part of her Christmas pressies and came in looking like an extra from Goldfinger, well not the extra the main lead really…

You’ve been festively tangoed wasn’t in it…

There will be a moment in my life when I will use that silk dress, by either adapting and wearing it or making it into something else, and maybe this year. Isn’t that one of the best things about New Year, new life?

Anyhow I am so hoping that 2006 will be a year of breakthroughs in a wild range of areas of my life including the lives of all those I love and you if you are reading this, if you aren’t go and shite... (he he)

Happy New Year everyone. XxX

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Doris said...

Hapy New Year to you, the young Wan and the gold creation!

May it be a spectacular and happy year for us all :-)

Steve said...

I just wanted to post to say May 2006 be all that you would wish it to be, I am posting this post on all the blogs I read regularly ( for regularly read obsessively) because I don’t leave comments half as often as I should, but I want to say thanks to all the bloggers that have allowed me to observe part of their life without phoning the police about a stalker, keep on blogging!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year. I see what the Young Wan means about the dress; how about high class dusters?

Red Mum said...

Huh Georgie dusters indeed. What about a lovely summer skirt, or a stole (or however they are spelt) or cushion covers!!!

Dusters, huh. Silk dusters too no less.

It is a horrible dress but the fabric is fab and I WILL do something with it this year...

:)