Monday, April 07, 2008

We are three

I JUST had a thought earlier and I was right, this little spot of the interwebs is three years old. And I missed it. The anniversary was two days ago. Ah well, but hitting the anniversary is spurning into action. I will in the next couple of weeks sort out my new/old domain which I haven't moved completely into yet. Obviously the trauma of physically moving house took its toll, thats my excuse and I am sticking to it. I also intend to get a dedicated photoblog established soon, I am just dreadful at picking templates.

The-Three-Amigos-Photograph-C10101975

Anyway back to the anniversary, here is post number one, In Disgrace, Yet Again, I don't even remember now what had gone on in the house to fuel the post and indeed the blog. Overall since than of course there are posts I cringe at, for both content and glaring typos, grammer whatever, but I wouldn't change anything. I once made a deal with someone whom I was writing too in the days before puters that once a letter was started it would have to be finished and posted, no matter what the feelings about it in the cold light of day. I suppose I feel that way about here too, if I felt it was okay to publish at one time, whether or not influenced by the odd glass of wine, then it stays.

Thats not too say that I haven't started posts that I never got to finish, they are all there in the drafts, but finishing something is something else altogether and says more about the demands on my time more than anything else. Anyway this is dedicated to herself, thanks Young Wan, eh for at one stage anyway being a pain in the proverbial and an inspiration, my muse none the less :) and bringing me to blogging. Thanks darling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*leaps from a great height somersaulting the whole way down shouting "Happy Birthday" before landing in a gin and tonic with a little parasol that just misses eye*

*climbs out, dripping G&T*

What do you mean, you missed it? NO! I'm not doing that again.

Boliath said...

Congratulations and Happy Blog Birthday. It seems funny to read of the YW being 13, it feels like she's been 16 for years now.

Twenty Major said...

Congrats...

Darren said...

Happy Belated Blog Birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

many happy returns Red, I am also hitting the big three in a week or so, kinda weird how new templates do seem to be a necessary evil once you hit three!

Red Mum said...

Thanks everyone :)