Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I've been told to stay in bed, its 11.30am so no problems there at all. My Mum brought me in a cup of tea, painkillers (I don't know what I have done to my back but it isn't funny) and told me to stay putt as the Young Wan is doing something in the living room.

I can hear a serious amount of activity going on. I think my Mothers' Day present is a tidy living room, terrific :) I normally get up on Sunday, drink copious amounts of tea while pottering about cleaning and tidying while glancing every now and again at the Sunday papers.

Then the Young Wan came in and told me I wasn't allowed to get up, I asked her why and she just said 'because you can't'. I just heard her drag in the vacuum cleaner, so I am sitting blogging in bed which suits me fine.

After the parade yesterday we went in to get some bits and pieces when I realised I hadn't yet got my Mum a card. So having said she liked a handbag in the shop across the road, I sneakily bought a card before sending the Young Wan to purchase the handbag all without Nanny knowing.

She should be delighted as I will with tidying up.

So Happy Mothers' Day everyone and do something lovely for your Mum or the Mums in your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, I hope you're resting and are now feeling better from your sore back.

I wonder why Mother day is on a different day in Oz... well, Happy Mother's day for the 13th of May too ! (that being the Australian Mum's Day). Take care.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Wow! I didn't know you celebrated Mothers Day in March? Happy Mother's Day then!

Here in Canada we celebrate Mother's Day in May, like in Australia.

Hope you had a good day, bad back and all!