Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yarden clean up - 365

WITH all the recent good weather and with lots of planting to do I got out into the yarden last Monday evening.

Cleaning up the yarden

It's mad how much stuff gathers over the winter months and given that I have lots of little bulbs coming up here and there it was more than time that I made it presentable. So I emptied all the dead plants and sorted out all my pots and bits and pieces, brushed up, pulled off dead leaves, hung up my hanging basket of daffodils, tulips and grape hyacinths - not your normal hanging basket but it looks great.

The strawberry plants are coming back but I might add to them, as they are tiny, with more plants. I decided not to bother growing tomato plants from seed, so bought four lovely plants and hopefully this year I will get more than one tiny tomato. I have already planted some sugar snap peas again which were brilliant last year and will plant more. And I also intend to get runner beans, courgettes, salads and other things going.

Unfortunately I had to replace the plastic on my green house thanks to next door's cat who was lucky not to impail itself on the stakes inside pots in the greenhouse. So I have put stuff on the ledge on the yard wall in a probably vain attempt to stop it coming this way again.

I also noticed little white and green fly enjoying my spring flowers, wee buggers and hopefully not a sign of things to come, I was beseiged by all sorts last summer. I've been spraying them with soapy water but it doesn't seem to be bothering them in the slightest.

Once I manage to get rid of the rubbish bags, I'll take another pic to give you an idea of how it looks. I can't wait for warmer weather to get out there and chill.

cleaning up the yarden

(365 - March 16th)

No comments: