Friday, May 16, 2008

A lovely memory

I'M watching Eastenders and Everything but the Girl's 'Missing' is playing and I just remembered a wonderful memory from years ago. The Young Wan asked me one of those inquisitive sweet questions that only a young child can ask. She was about just about three at the time and thinking about it, it is a pretty big question for that age. She was so smart (still is) I never thought anything of her asking me it at the time other than it being deadly cute.

She asked me 'do deserts miss the rain?

2 comments:

ManicMammy said...

That is so sweet. That song always takes me back to a hot summer day in Dublin, me thinking I was totally cool in my first car, a navy Rover Metro driving along Dorset street, heading to work at the airport, missing my boyfriend at the time, now husband and father of my 5 kids, who was working in California. Anytime I hear it, it immediately takes me back to that day. Thanks for the memory!

Red Mum said...

@Manicmammy delighted to be throwing some lovely memories out there :)