Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm a bad mummy

I CAN'T believe it but I have just banished the Young Wan into her bedroom, not for bad behaviour, eh for texting. She absolutely loves her new phone and it has become an extension of her hand.

texting

This isn't a surprise to me, it is just because she has a new phone and because her last phone was cheap, basic and prone to simply not working; she seems to be on it more and more. The straw that broke the camel's back tonight was the click, click, click, click, click, click of the two-handed teenage texter and it drove me nuts. Between the clicking and the tinny sound of her ipod I told her to 'gowan away and play in your room'.

That is probably a phrase I didn't think I would be saying to her again. But I did tonight... I'm a bad mummy and to be honest right now, being that or hearing the click, click, click, click there is no contest.

No comments: