Sunday, July 10, 2005

You must get Google Earth

I HAVE been trying for weeks to download Google Earth but for one reason or another, I just wasn’t able to, until this week and WOW.

greenspots
I just love this pic, it’s like a badly played solitare game… What on earth can it be?

I just love it, its something else to type in a location and be magically flown around the world, landing right at your location, it is really cool, you must try it.

Since then I have taken to saving the images of places where my pals live and emailing them the pics.

There is hours and hours of educational fun, ever the Mum that I am, it is actually hours and hours of fun. In the pic of our street I can actually see our house and I can zoom back to space and zoom back in again, ending at my house, fantastic.

trees
Taken from a country with the most extraordinary landscape, any guesses?

criver
Is this man-made or natural? (actually I haven’t a clue)

ghostie

lake

dublin
Can you see me waving? That’s me over there….

You must have a go, you will be hooked.

5 comments:

JL Pagano said...

Thanks for the tip, Im hooked already. How come the southside of Dublin is all psychadelic I wonder???

Red Mum said...

I just like the way the northside of dublin is all mapped and only from leeson street forward on the southside, living on the northside and being an adopted northsider...

Ach sure, they'll get around to it shortly.

JL Pagano said...

Arent Google themselves based in Dublin's southside? Maybe they dont want us looking in on them...

As a southsider true and true, Im just glad noone from the net can spy my sunbathing in my back garden today...

Anonymous said...

You are obviously a good candidate for GoogleEarthing. Check out www.googleearthing.com

Anonymous said...

Third one is Manicougan Crater :)