Wednesday, May 04, 2005

lonely bridge

lonely bridge

Photography has always been a passion of mine, for as long as I can remember. And I have been fortunate enough to be able to indulge myself. With the advent, availability and ever-decreasing price of digital cameras it has never been easy. I have tried to post pictures on the net before, without much luck, flickr.com is a great site and very easy to use.

This picture was taken on O'Connell Bridge on Monday, April 25th, at about 8.30am. O'Connell Street and O'Connell Bridge are packed-busy with pedestrians in the morning. As I travelled to work on the bus that morning, I noticed a break in the normal pedestrian traffic flow and saw a solitary man hunched up sitting on the bridge, looking lonely and isolated. It was very striking and I managed to capture it in one shot, before my bus moved on.

No comments: